May 19, 2018
Flute 360 | Episode 8: “Student Success” (14:58)
In this episode, Heidi discusses student success. She talks
about how you as the teacher can help motivate your students toward
success through encouragement and support; as well as how to help
each student thrive in a unique way depending on their personality
and learning style. She encourages you to help your student find
success, so that they can feel accomplished, no matter what the
outcome may be.
Episode 8 –
- Organization of the studio space (0:53)
- Showing support and encouragement (1:58)
- Support will motivate students
- Listen to their goals (6:39)
- Students are unique individuals (8:09)
- The student’s self-esteem and self-image (10:02)
- Create a website tab that centers on student success
- Additional resources (13:52)
- Be creative (14:16)
Episode 8 –
Cutler, David. The Savvy Music Teacher: Blueprint for
Maximizing Income & Impact. Oxford: Oxford University Press,
2015. eBook Collection (EBSCOhost), EBSCOhost (accessed
January 20, 2018).
Green, Barry, and W. Timothy. Gallwey. The Inner Game of Music.
First ed. Doubleday, 1986.
- Pedota, Paul J. "How Can Student Success Support Teacher
Self-Efficacy and Retention?" Clearing House: A Journal of
Educational Strategies, Issues and Ideas 88, no. 2
Werner, Kenny. Effortless Mastery: Liberating the Master Musician
Within. Jamey Aebersold Jazz, 1996.
Westney, William., and Texas Tech University. Institute for Studies
in Pragmaticism. The Perfect Wrong Note: Learning to Trust Your
Musical Self. Amadeus Press, LLC, 2003.